Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Aamir Khan Wants Sequels Of SARFAROSH And ANDAZ APNA APNA

It's raining sequels here in Bollywood. Films like BHEJA FRY 2 and DOUBLE DHAMAAL released recently while others such as ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI 2, KAMINEY 2, ISHQIYA 2, KRRISH 2 and many others are in the pipeline. Even Aamir Khan will be seen in the third installment of DHOOM, DHOOM 3.
Ask Aamir about his take on sequels and he says, "I have no objections to sequels. If as an audience, I have liked a film, a story or a character, then I would be interested in knowing what happens to them later. If there is a possibility of an equally nice story, which is unusual and different from the first one, but using the same characters, I don't mind as an audience."
Continuing in the same vein he says, "It should be able to enthrall me again. But that doesn't happen very often. Usually what happens is, when a film is a hit, the producers immediately announce a sequel. They take a bad script and shoot it. So, as an audience I feel cheated. I don't mind seeing and even doing a sequel. But it should be a unique story on its own, like the DHOOM series. There are different characters and different stories in each part. First it was John, then Hrithik, and now it's me."
When questioned about which of his own films he would like to see a sequel and he says, "Out of the films that I have done, I think SARFAROSH and ANDAZ APNA APNA have the potential for sequels. But none of them are being worked out currently."
He further adds, "If ACP Rathod gets a new case and he starts solving it in SARFAROSH 2. John (Matthew Matthan) has not yet written anything yet, but conceptually I don't mind doing it. It should not be a rehash of the earlier part. I won't mind doing SARFAROSH 2. But the script should be good. I don't want the goodwill of the first movie to be destroyed by making a bad remake."
Point taken, Aamir. We hope the directors are listening so that we can see sequels of gems like SARFAROSH and ANDAZ APNA APNA.